Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Female Rat Race

I read something today that I think every one of you could relate to. I know I couldn't put it as well in my own words so I am just going to paste a link to it here:

Dropping Out of The Female Rat Race

A friend of mine and my old personal trainer wrote this. She is an amazing, exemplary person. She has three kids and one on the way. I would go over to her house for her to help me exercise and our kids would play. Every time I went over there she managed to make me feel so much better about myself. She was always so positive, outgoing, courageous, and funny. When she looked at you, you could see light and love coming from her eyes. I could go on and on about how amazing she is; obviously I admire her. She has "the worth of a soul" all figured out as you can see from this article. I hope that we can all try to step out of the comparison trap and just fill our cups with love instead of envy, self pity, and fear. The hard part is how do we stop comparing ourselves! Any suggestions?

p.s. Sorry I haven't blogged for a while, I now have a mobile baby and she is so much fun but keeping me constantly busy! That's a good thing though :)

3 comments:

Greg and Sherry said...

Something us old mothers have learned is we're all in this together. No one has a perfect life--we are all carrying burdens of one sort or another. I'm sure before we came here we were so willing to love and help each other along the way. Let's try to always remember who we are and who each other is! And just stop comparing and start loving and helping.

Greg and Sherry said...

Something us old mothers have learned is we are all in this together. No one has a perfect life--we all are carrying burdens. I'm sure before we came here we were very willing to love and help each other along the way. Let's not forget who we are and who one another really is. We need to stop comparing and just start loving and helping.

Aline Carson said...

GREAT article Liesl. I think pretty much every woman has compared herself to other women and have also suffered from prejudice and envy of other women. No one is perfect, we all have our fears and insecurities, it's normal! I believe that we suffer from these things when we're not doing anything to take care of ourselves either. When we work hard to look our best, be healthy and fit (even if we're not fit but are doing something about it) among other things, it really helps us to feel good about ourselves and stop comparing ourselves to other women.